Day 5 COVID-19 RT-PCR test to release (Non-Fully Vaccinated Arrivals)
Reduce your self-isolation period
The Coker Chest Clinic is a UKAS accredited provider of private COVID-19 RT- PCR day 5 test to release testing for non-red list countries. Please check that you are not transiting or arriving from a red country listed on the UK Government website (GOV.UK).
For international arrivals, before booking any COVID-19 RT-PCR tests, please read the Government’s rules on entering England. You are required to quarantine at home, or any hotel for 10 days upon arrival and have a COVID-19 test on day 2 and 8.
We provide same-day COVID-19 RT-PCR day 5 test to release testing/certificates in central London so you can choose to reduce your post-arrival self-isolation period from 10 to 5 days when arriving to England, providing your test is negative.
COVID-19 day 5 test to release available 9am-12pm Monday-Friday.
(Except Bank Holidays)
At our partner clinic:
56-57 Fleet Street
City of London
- When you make your booking you MUST provide us with details of the country you are travelling from, date and time of arrival, and flight number/ship name/train service you are arriving on prior to your appointment. We cannot be held responsible for any delay in providing your certificate if this information is not supplied upon booking.
- International arrivals must wait for 5 full days since leaving a non red list country before taking a test. This is because a test after 5 days of self-isolation provides materially better results than having one on arrival, as it allows time for the virus – should it be present – to incubate, helping reduce the risk of a false negative result.
- You should book your test before you travel to England. This is so you can enter details of the test when you opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form.
- Don’t use any nasal medication or spray for at least 12 hours before your test.
- Don’t eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, brush your teeth, or use mouthwash 2 hours before your test.
- Please bring the appropriate face coverings.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a new/continuous cough, loss of taste/smell and temperature please do not attend the clinic. Please self-isolate as per Government guidance.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment.
- You will need to confirm whether you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You will also need to confirm if you are aware of coming into contact with a case of COVID-19.
- A PCR test is a test that is used to tell if you currently have COVID-19.
- We use the direct real-time PCR method (RT-PCR) at UKAS accredited laboratories no. 7983 and no. 22374 (both are ISO 15189 compliant). The tests we use have a minimum of 97% sensitivity and minimum 99% specificity, which meets the highest standards required by the Government.
- Sample collection will happen at our partner clinic, in-person.
- A nurse will assist with the self swab to ensure correct technique of taking the swab for quality assurance and safe handling of the samples to reach the laboratory. This is a quick process and you will be in and out of the clinic within 10 minutes.
- If you miss your appointment for any reason, we will not be able to refund you the cost. We will, however, be able to reschedule the appointment for you within next 30 days.
- Same-day results will arrive before 9pm on the same day. However, there can occasionally be delays due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of our control. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your plans as a result of delays from lab processing.
- A negative test result indicates that COVID-19 was not found in your sample and you will be supplied with your test to release certificate. A positive test result indicates that it is very likely you have COVID-19. In this instance, you should start self-isolation immediately.
- There’s a very small chance a test may come back as inconclusive. This can happen when the sample has been contaminated by things like food and drink (see Before your test, above). If this happens the test will need to be repeated. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your plans.
- Your results and test to release certificate will be delivered to you via email.
- If you do not receive your test results by 9pm (on the same day on which test you have booked), please email email@example.com or call 020 7118 5600.