Day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 RT-PCR test package (for NON-FULLY VACCINATED arrivals)
The Coker Chest Clinic is a UKAS accredited provider of private COVID-19 RT-PCR day 2 and day 8 tests for non-red list countries. Please check that you are not transiting or arriving from red countries listed on the UK Government website (GOV.UK)
For international arrivals, before booking any COVID-19 RT-PCR tests, please read the Government’s rules on entering England. All travellers arriving into England who are not fully vaccinated from non-red list countries must quarantine at home or any hotel for 10 days upon arrival and must undertake compulsory COVID-19 testing on day 2 and day 8 of entry to the country.
Click here to see the Government’s rules for NON FULLY VACCINATED arrivals
Prices for day 2 & day 8 COVID-19 RT-PCR test package (for NON-FULLY VACCINATED arrivals)
|Same day (by 9pm)||£310|
|Next day (by 9pm)||£310|
|48 hour result||£160|
- Day 2 (on day 0-2) & Day 8 (on day 8-10) COVID-19 tests in-clinic
- Same-day, next day and 48 hour results available
- Laboratory fees
- Certificate that complies with Government requirements
- Results quality checked by our respiratory physician
- If test results show positive for COVID-19, we will carry out viral genome sequencing on your sample to determine which strain of the virus is present and will share the results with both you and Public Health England.
Travellers may attend a facility in person for these tests to be completed. Our tests are all carried out at our partner clinic, OIS Services, 56-57 Fleet Street, City of London, EC4Y 1JU.
When booking, please select your chosen date and time for your day 2 test. Our Practice Manager will then be in touch with you to book you in for your day 8 test.
Book your day 2 & day 8 COVID-19 RT-PCR test package now.
Day 2 & day 8 RT-PCR COVID-19 test package available 9am-2pm Monday-Friday.
(Except Bank Holidays)
At our partner clinic:
56-57 Fleet Street
City of London
- When you make your booking you MUST provide us with details of the country you are travelling from, date and time of arrival, and flight number/ship name/train service you are arriving on prior to your appointment. We cannot be held responsible for any delay in providing your certificates if this information is not supplied upon booking.
- You should book your tests before you travel to England. This is so you can enter details of the tests when you opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form.
- Once you have booked online, our Practice Manager will be in touch with you to arrange a date for your Day 8 test.
- Don’t use any nasal medication or spray for at least 12 hours before your test.
- Don’t eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, brush your teeth, or use mouthwash 2 hours before your test.
- Please bring the appropriate face coverings.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a new/continuous cough, loss of taste/smell and temperature please do not attend the clinic. Please self-isolate as per Government guidance.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment.
- You will need to confirm whether you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You will also need to confirm if you are aware of coming into contact with a case of COVID-19.
- A PCR test is a test that is used to tell if you currently have COVID-19.
- We use the direct real-time PCR method (RT-PCR) at UKAS accredited laboratories no. 7983 and no. 22374 (both are ISO 15189 compliant). The tests we use have a minimum of 97% sensitivity and minimum 99% specificity, which meets the highest standards required by the Government.
- Sample collection will happen at our partner clinic, in-person.
- A nurse will assist with the self swab to ensure the correct technique of taking the swab for quality assurance and safe handling of the samples to reach the laboratory. This is a quick process and you will be in and out of the clinic within 10 minutes.
- If you miss your appointment for any reason, we will not be able to refund you the cost. We will, however, be able to reschedule the appointment for you within the next 30 days.
- Same-day results will arrive before 9pm on the same day. Next-day results will arrive before 9pm on the next day. 48 hour results will arrive within 48 hours of having your test. However, there can occasionally be delays due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of our control. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your plans as a result of delays from lab processing.
- All certificates comply with UK travel requirements.
- All results are quality checked and verified by a private consultant respiratory physician.
- A negative test result indicates that COVID-19 was not found in your sample and you will be supplied with your certificate. A positive test result indicates that it is very likely you have COVID-19.
- If you receive a positive result from your day 2 test, you must quarantine for 10 days beginning the day after the test was taken (this means until day 13). Your household will also need to quarantine until day 13.
- If you receive a positive test result from your day 8 test you will be required to quarantine until day 19. Your household will also need to quarantine until day 19.
- There’s a very small chance a test may come back as inconclusive. This can happen when the sample has been contaminated by things like food and drink (see Before your test, above). If this happens the test will need to be repeated. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your plans.
- Your results and certificates will be delivered to you via email.
- If you do not receive your test results by the time they are due, please email email@example.com or call 020 7118 5600.
- For up-to-date travel information about the Englands non red list countries please visit Gov.uk.
- Please note that the list is subject to change and we cannot be held responsible for this.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Government’s advice for what you must do before you leave for England.
- Please read the most up-to-date information on how to quarantine when you arrive in England.